HOW IT WORKS
Claudia’s byword is flexibility, and she can help with your photography to whatever extent you require.
If you have a clear idea of what you are after or are a design agency used to giving briefs, perfect! If not, that’s not a problem. If you are unsure of what you need, let Claudia guide you and come up with some ideas for you. Or if you’ve seen something you like, just screen grab it and send it over. It won’t be a copy but simply give Claudia more of an idea of what you’re looking for. Any style can followed, but with your product in mind.
Things to consider before a photo shoot
- Tell Claudia about your products, the basics of what you want to convey with your brand and what could make you stand out. The more Claudia understands your USP, the better feel she gets for what is required.
- Consider the style of shots required; editorial, packaging, social media, lifestyle, pack shots for shopping website / Amazon / Brandbank, etc.
- How many shots do you need and what is the number of items in each shot? Just one item per shot or a group, or a mix of the two?
- Do you have an ideal budget?
- When do you need the images, and when you can get the products to the studio?
- Which file formats and dimensions do you need, and do they need specific labelling?
- Do you want to attend or oversee the shoot? Bring your products with you too, if that works for you.
- If your products are being sent, please package them up carefully and post or courier them to the studio. Let Claudia know if you want them returned. If they are edible food products, let Claudia know if you are happy for her to distribute them (or eat them!).
- This isn’t a definitive list. Remember, whatever works for you is best!
The photo shoot
Now the real fun begins, and Claudia can get creative with your amazing products! If you are attending you will see the images on screen and you can art direct as we go. If you aren’t going to be there, Claudia can send you a low res image of each shot as they’re produced for prompt approval before moving onto the next. Hands on or hands off, it’s up to you.
After the shoot
- Once everything has been shot and has been approved Claudia will spend some time processing; dusting / colour matching the images etc, approx 5 to 10 min per image. If further retouching or clipping paths are required then this can also be done, but may require a little bit more cost. All of this will of course be discussed beforehand.
- Images will be sent to you, generally via WeTransfer, as high res 300dpi jpegs (or whichever formats and sizes you require), as well as low res copies for you to keep and use as you wish (cataloguing, for example).
- Claudia provides all clients a royalty free unlimited use licence, which means you can use the images you receive indefinitely and for an unlimited time, and in any format you require, once full payment for them has been received. The copyright for all product photography / video supplied by Claudia is owned by Claudia Riccio Photography Ltd. You won’t automatically have the right to re-license or sell any images we produce for you. Permission for 3rd party usage waiver can be sought by contacting Claudia directly.